From:
Amalyah Keshet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 07:57:06 PST
I've heard that an art museum in Jerusalem has paper, crayons, pencils, etc.
in their exhibition galleries for visitors to freely use.  Is this true,
Amalyah (or anyone)?  If so, how have visitors reacted to it?  What do the
curators & conservators think?

Jeff Kupperman
Atelier Aza, Tokyo

Good grief - no!  Not us.  We have an extremely large number of guided children'
s visits,
organized by a very professional and active Youth Wing; the guide or teacher oft
en carries a
basket with materials for the children to work with on their theme/activity, but
 only in
certain areas and under strict instructions as to what's allowed and what isn't.

Name: amalyah keshet
visual resources / the israel museum, jerusalem
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Date: 02/28/96
VISIT OUR WEB SITE AT:  www.imj.org.il