From:
Todd Bothel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:34:32 -0500
I have a question regarding commercial use fees for the use of still
photographs and video shot on site at your facility. We have a company
that wants to use our site and images from our collection for a nationally
distributed television show. My Director and Marketing Director think that
we should provide everything for free since we will be getting national
exposure. I disagree since we have a commercial use fee in place for our
photograph collection and don't think we should give away the farm. I know
that these TV people have money and have dealt with other organizations
that have policies, procedures and fees for this type of situation.
National exposure will be great, but I feel that actual, traceable cash is
more important to our day-to-day bottom line.

If anyone can help me out with their policies and fees or what they would
do in this situation, it would be greatly appreciated.

Todd
Old Fort Lauderdale Village and Museum