From:
John Chadwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 1994 08:42:43 -0700
Regarding the strange error messages, I would like to point out there has been
a glut of error messages recently.

All error messages are supposed to be returned to the listowner. Sometimes,
this does not happen, hence the error messages being redistributed to the list.

We have also had a rash of systems being down for several days, or weeks, at a
time. When I get one mail error, I do not worry. However, when my mailbox fills
up with 60 bounced messages, often from the same site, then I find myself in a
position of having to remove subscribers. Two sites in particular congested my
mailbox late last year to a combined total of 130 message per day. One site
manager took 4 months to respond to the problem, all the while the
subscriber(s) at the site kept getting mail.

I want to apologize in advance, but when I get error messages such as "Unknown
User" and "Unable to Connect for 3 days" I will delete users at the offending
site. Perhaps speaking with your site administrator would help resolve the
problems.

Thanks,

john chadwick
OR [log in to unmask]