From:
"Bentley, Andrew Charles" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:58:52 -0600
Hi Kelly

Being a natural history collection manager, I am not familiar with the objects you are sending, but it was just a thought that occurred to me.  I have no alternatives in mind.  I also just read a manuscript written by two library preservation staff who visited sites in New Orleans after Katrina and the one thing they found was that materials stored in tyvek suffered very badly from mold problems due to the lack of air exchange.  Obviously, your pieces will not be exposed for that long, but even over-night - you can only imagine how many temperature changes it is going to go through from your door, to truck, to warehouse, to plane, to truck again, to destination and who knows what permutations in between these...

Andy

   A  :             A  :             A  :
}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>
   V                V                V
Andy Bentley
Ichthyology Collection Manager
University of Kansas
Natural History Museum & Biodiversity Research Center
Dyche Hall
1345 Jayhawk Boulevard
Lawrence, KS, 66045-7561
USA