From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 10:41:33 -0700
Lately, we seem to have gotten a number of requests
for information that recently flew past our computer
screens.  Someone stated or asked something which
wasn't quite that important to someone else at the
time.  Then, a short while later, it suddenly becomes
a pressing matter.  Completely understandable.
Happens all the time.

However, rather than to reposit the same question to
the list, you may want to consider searching the
archives instead.  And, if you're a neophyte to the
list, you may wish to remember that the archives are
there because what you have to say is recorded for
posterity.

At the bottom of all of our notes is the list FAQ
(frequently asked questions).  If you click on the
FAQ, you'll see the Table of Contents shows the
Archives at Item 11.  Now, I have copied the Archives
section of the FAQ and will post it here, but I would
suggest to you that you seriously consider bookmarking
the on-line section referenced therein wherein you can
query.  In fact, I'd suggest you put it in a handy
spot because there's often fabulous information here,
and it might prove beneficial to make it your first
line of resource before reinventing the wheel.

The FAQ Archives Instructions follow:

11. ARCHIVES.

Logged files are stored at
[log in to unmask] To get a listing of
available log files, send a one line e-mail
message to: [log in to unmask]

Get Museum-L FILELIST

To obtain a specific log file, such as the file for
October, 1994, you can send a one line e-mail message
to:

Get Museum-L LOG9410

These files are often 500K bytes or larger. Many
e-mail systems cannot handle such large files, and you
may not want such a
large file in your mailbox.

On the World Wide Web the archives are searchable at:

http://home.ease.lsoft.com/archives/museum-l.html

Search via e-mail. You can search the archives via
e-mail. Send the search command to
A command such as:

search (science and education) and (job or position)
in MUSEUM-L since 96/07/01

Will return and index of postings since July 1, 1996.
You can then order individual postings via e-mail.

=====
Indigo Nights