Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 10:20:58 -0800
In article <Pine.OSF.3.96.980210104058.31217A-
[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask] says...
> You can create your own basic database in something like Filemaker Pro or
> MS Access software.  Filemaker Pro seems to handle images better than
> Access, but you should look into your options.  Both are cross platform.
>
> The database programs mentioned above, as well as many others with basic
> export capabilities, can be designed to output the information you capture
> for use in other applications (i.e. web publishing, electronic finding
> aids, etc.).

I wanted to input my two cents here:  I've used Filemaker quite a bit
recently to do some web publishing.  It's got some instant and custom
features that make sharing information really easy.

> > Can anyone recommend software for starting a computer photo archive? I
> > have several hundred colour photos of Ethiopian Jewish manuscript pages
> > (I photographed several complete manuscripts) and other photomaterial
> > that I would like to scan and computerise.  At the moment it's just my
> > own private collection; but I'd like to arrange it properly in a form
> > that could maybe later be transferred to a museum archive (hopefully to
> > the as-yet-nonexistent Museum of Ethiopian Jewish Heritage!)

Margaret, go to the Filemaker, Inc. homepage at http://www.filemaker.com,
or call the number below if you're interested.  Good luck!

Ken
--
Claris FilemakerPro 4.0
1-800-633-2239, ext 1718