From:
HNEEDHAM <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 1995 07:34:06 +0000
Hi Linda:

Talk to Helen Withnell at the AWM and Katrina Stamp at the Auckland Museum;
each has an interesting but quite different "discovery room". These cater
principally to children. However, at the Australian Museum in Sydney, there is
probably the best discovery room I've yet seen, including a live copy of the
dread Queensland cockroach. Linda Ferguson or Carolyn MacLulich at AM could
tell you more about it. Not only is it very comprehensive, multi-media and
versatile, but I have seen as many adults using it as young people.

All colleagues mentioned are on your VSN list, save Linda, who has just become
one of the now 402 members on the revised list I'm mailing out to everyone
tomorrow.

Harry Needham