From:
Ellen Z Hazen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 13:48:36 -0500
At 08:59 AM 2/13/98 -0800, you wrote:
>A second question:  Does anyone have any recommendations for software that
>will analyze your web server logs and return useful data such as length of
>visit etc.?

We've used Sane Solutions' NetTracker for 18 months and are very pleased
with the enormous amounts and types of information we can pull out for
reports to Trustees, Directors, webmasters, etc.  It can graph the
information as well.  NetTracker has won numerous awards, and its customers
include lots of Fortune 500 companies around the world, as well as smaller
institutions like the KWM.  Prices start at $295 or so.

There's an online demo at http://www.sane.com

I should say that the demo uses a sub-set of our data, but we receive no
considerations for that use.  What I'm trying to say <g> is that I like the
product enough to attach the KWM name to it peripherally.

Ellen Hazen
Ellen Hazen, Special Projects Manager
The Kendall Whaling Museum / Sharon, MA 02067
[log in to unmask] / http://www.kwm.org
781-793-0183 (voice) / 781-793-0184 (fax)