From:
"William P. Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 13:46:12 -0500
The Indiana University Mathers Museum had an exhibit up about a year and a
half ago entitled "Honoring Ancestors."  It was a small exhibit that took
a cross-cultural perspective on . . . well . . . honoring ancestors.
Dr. Geoffrey Conrad, our Director, curated the exhibit.  Let me know, off
the list, if you want his contact information.

Professor Robert F. Campany in Indiana University's Religious Studies
department taught a class a number of years ago called "Death and the Dead
in Comparative Perspective."  While his academic focus is on Chinese
Religion, he did a wonderful job of looking at cultural and religious ways
of dealing with death in a number of cultural contexts.  I do not have
contact information for Prof. Campany immediately available, but it can be
found on the web at http://www.indiana.edu/iub.

Sounds like a wonderful exhibit idea.  Good luck.

Will

William Philip Scott                     |
Collections Manager and Office Assistant |
Mathers Museum of World Cultures         |
Indiana University                       |
601 East Eighth Street                   |
Bloomington, IN 47405                    |
Email: [log in to unmask]                |