From:
Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:39:56 -0400
This issue appeared on the historic house list, so you might check the
archives there for more info.

We do not allow them in our historic house, for all the reasons cited. We have
a wheelchair available for a patron who might require it once inside.

Diane Gutenkauf
Director
Robert R. McCormick Museum at Cantigny
1S151 Winfield Rd.
Wheaton, IL 60187
630-260-8159 (v)
630-260-8160 (f)
www.cantigny.org

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:01:12 -0700, Kristin Herron <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I am posting this on behalf of a National Park Service
>historic site, which includes a historic house museum.
>They are being required to develop policy on the use
>of a Segway within the historic house.  The argument
>is apparently that it is no different than a motorized
>wheel chair.  Does anyone have experience with
>requests to use a Segway during a historic house
>museum tour, or has developed policy on this topic?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Kristin Herron

___________________
>Got a little couch potato?
>Check out fun summer activities for kids.
>http://search.yahoo.com/search?
fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-
faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by
sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body
of the message should read "help" (without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).