From:
David Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 08:49:33 -0700
 In truth both platforms have applications in exhibits. . . it depends
a bit on what you are planning to do with them and what  software
you will be running on them. . .

At Pacific Science Center we run mostly Mac's because we do
find them easier to support and have the most experience with
them.  We also have the development tools (software) we use
to develop programs for this platform.

We have used PC's where we have purchased software from
others, or in some cases where we are just using them for
visitors to view portions  of the web (the platforms are equal
for web viewing and PC's are sometimes cheaper.)

One thing I like about the Mac's is that all the hardware
tends to be supported from generation to generation. Many
companies that make PC's tend to stop supporting them once
the new generation of hardware is out. . . and  it is sometimes
difficult to get copies of the "drivers" for subsystems in the
hardware after a few years.

Hope this helps. . .

David Taylor
Pacific Science Center