From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 21:20:00 PDT
At 01:36 PM 8/28/96 GMT+1000, you wrote:
>Obviously a clear, concise, interesting and relevant resume is
>imperative in order to gain the attention of a prospective employer
> but is the winner always the one best able to 'sell' themselves?
>We have all worked with people who are expert at promoting their
>own abilities and many have gone a long way with these skills but are
>they always the best ones for the job? Isn't it the role of the employer
>to be able to sort the 'sellers' from the 'doers'?

<snip>

HEATHER MAY
--------
Please -- an individual can still "sell" themselves, and be that
top notched employee, the best person for the job.  To me, the polished
cover letter and resume, and the skills and experience go hand in
hand.  That type of cover letter/resume will stand out and you know
that it comes from a person that fits the job, who cares.  Yes,
oh yes, they would likely have that experience ---- experiences that may be
lost if their cover letter and resume is not properly and professionally
put together --- shinning and sharp!

If not clean, crisp and effort put into the resume/application.  Well,
for me, well darn into the garbage can or let see -- that resume goes
way over there into pile 1,997 (never to be seen again!!!)    :-)

Meanwhile, the applicate with only skills lays home with only dreams.
"I had the qualifications!!"  "Why, didn't I get the job, it is not
fair, bawl, bawl, bawl".  ;={

It is the survial of the fittest!  The best go forth, those who don't stand
out -- get left in the dust.

John Martinson
755 Myra Rd
Walla Walla, WA  99364