From:
Torben Holm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 17:59:13 +0100
The Struer Museum is a museum of cultural history, focused on the area of
north western Jutland in Denmark. We are currently working on a project that
will change and renew the identity of our small museum radically. By way of
a large new exhibit, based on a collection of radios and televisions from
the local company Bang and Olufsen (B&O)  we are going to tell the story of
radio and television and of the impact that these technologies have had on
society - and will have in the future.  Also we are hoping to work with
sound and imaging technologies as well as design aspects.
The way in which we would like to tell these stories, should be one that
encourages the visitor to play and experiment his way to new knowledge and
insight. We want to use the latest within innovative ICT, but are also
looking for other ways to produce inspiring and engaging story telling.

Now we are at a research stage, where we are looking around for inspiration
and good ideas and that is why we are now asking you, if you know of any
museums that might inspire us to tell these kind of stories in a modern and
innovative way?

We hope you can find the time to help us.

Sincerely,

Torben Holm
Director, Struer Museum

www.struermuseum.dk