From:
Erik Hanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 1996 15:42:11 -0800
Some months ago you posted this on the museum-list.  We here at AltaMira
books publish books for the American Association for State and Local History
and we'd like to take a look at your handbook for possible inclusion in our
AASLH book series.

Write me back if you would be interested and I can send you along some
proposal guidelines.

Cordially, ERIK

At 08:03 PM 10/31/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Museum-L-sters --
>
>This somewhat mirrors an earlier question I posted -- sorry!
>
>Has anyone (the Getty, perhaps?) produced anything similar in the past
>decade to the Museum Archival Supplies Handbook produced by the Ontario
>Museum Association?
>
>My reason for asking is this:
>I am planning to focus my thesis on developing a handbook, or web page, or
>??, looking at archival materials that museums use and their safety,
>usefulness, cost, physical and chemical background, where they can be
>purchased, etc. This product could be used by, more than likely,
>smaller museums that don't have the expertise or resources in
>identifying *safe* archival materials.  (I plan to focus on Ethafoam,
>different types of matboard and paper, archival boxes, etc.)
>
>I've done some searching on the Net and in the library and have not found
>anything similar to what I want to do (except the MASH as listed above,
>but even that is on a larger scale than I want to go).  If anyone knows
>of anything similar that I have missed in my research, would you please
>let me know?  I'm building a good bibliography, and I am eager to get
>going on this!  Thanks a lot and sorry for the length of this message!
>
>Toni Preston
>Univ. of Washington
>Museology grad

Erik Hanson