From:
"Schroder, Leah" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:12:41 -0400
At The Museum of Modern Art, NY, we have done several things to address this
tragedy. There is a US flag in the Main Lobby (next to Jasper John's Flag)
and a collection box for donations to New York Times 9/11 Neediest Fund
which has been extremely successful. Last Friday, the Museum opened its
theater as a place visitors and staff could go for a moment of silence. The
bookstore and design store redesigned their windows in black. The education
department has scheduled a psychologist to talk with our free-lance
educators who bring the museum to the schools about what to expect in the
classroom after this tragedy. I am sure that there are other things that
were done that I am not currently aware of, and I'm sure that as the
recovery process continues, and as this war/conflict continues, we will find
other ways to address the needs of the community.

I would be interested in hearing what else is being done, especially
regarding school and family programming.

Leah

Leah C. Schroder, Assistant Educator
Programs for Visitors with Disabilities and Special Needs
The Museum of Modern Art
11 West 53rd Street
New York, NY 10019
212.708.9864