From:
Jim Remar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 10:39:37 -0400
        List-serv users:

        My Musuem is currently building its budget for the next FY as well
as developing a financial plan.  It has become apparent that projected
expenses are going to exceed projected income.  We realize we will either
have to dip into our principle our take on some debt (we are currently debt
free).

        What are some existing debt structures for smaller museums?  What is
the amount of debt carried vs. assets/income for most museums?  If expenses
exceed income should we take on debt as well as dip into our principle?  If
we have no income to pay for a loan is it responsible to use our principle
for this?

        Please respond to [log in to unmask]

Jim Remar,
Director