From:
Tracie Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 14:25:04 -0600
Lisa -

Since you are in Texas already, You may want to look at attending the
upcoming AAM workshop Best Practices in Collections Management: Collections
Planning that will be held on January 27-28 in San Antonio.  This workshop
will be focusing on creating a collection plan.

I hope you will be able to attend, I am planning on being there.
Tracie Evans
Collections Manager
Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum
PO Box 2570 Waco TX 76702
254/750-8631

Here is the information:

Best Practices in Collections Stewardship: Collections Planning
January 23-24, 2004 - San Antonio

Hosted by the Witte Museum
Based on national, collaborative research done by the National Museum of
American History and the American Association of Museums, this seminar will
enable museums to:
*       Assess their current collecting practices
*        Create a sound intellectual framework for collection
*       Outline the components for a written plan
*       Identify barriers in the process
*       Strategize for successful implementation
Session formats include focused presentations, interactive exercises, case
studies, and small group discussions.