From:
Carol Kocian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 12:20:50 -0400
      I'm a reenactor, and I realize that some fundraiser events are
not in my budget.

      I also participated in an event with a dance group - we helped
teach some period dances, demonstrated/performed a few, and danced
with the people who attended the event.  We worked, and certain
things were expected of us.  I've also attended a dinner as a
reenactor - they would sit two of us at each table, and we were
expected to be charming.

      I would suggest inviting a dance group to attend for free (8 to
12 people) for ambience, and invite any other reenactors to attend at
the regular price.  Perhaps the band can recommend a historic dance
group who could do this.

      If the renactors are needed for authenticity, then they should
be compensated.  How many do you need for the atmosphere?  Are they
there for their own amusement, or there to entertain the other guests?

      Will the "host" families and ticket buyers be encouraged to dress 19thC?

      -Carol