From:
"Dodie L. Robbins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:25:49 -0400
I am graduate student at the University of Denver working on a
master's degree in anthropology with a concentration in museum studies.  For
my master's research paper, I am looking at to what extent mainstream
museums are integrating traditional care methods, particularly those of
Native American cultures, into regular museum practice.  I am also
considering how NAGPRA relates to any changes in museum practice.  As part
of my research, I am conducting a brief survey of museums.  I would
appreciate any responses to the following questions.

1. Does your museum integrate traditional care methods into regular practice
or participate in collaborative efforts with traditional cultures? Please
elaborate on any activities, if possible.

2. Do you think there has been a significant change in museum procedure and
policy toward Native American groups since NAGPRA or do you think
significant changes began prior to NAGPRA?

Please email a response to [log in to unmask] or post on the listserve
Thank you in advance for your time.

Dodie L. Robbins
Graduate Student
University of Denver