From:
Barry Szczesny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 15:09:28 -0500
In general, following is a common museum practice:

1.  For a commissioned work or an independent contractor, a signed,
written agreement stating that the product is a "work for hire" and thus
any copyright will belong to the museum.

2.  In addition, for added protection, a provision assigning any
copyright to the museum.

Barry Szczesny
AAM Government Affairs
(Not an official AAM communication)