From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 20:19:06 +0800
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS - the international Dinosaur Webzine
with bite!
This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Fossilized Dinosaur Skin Found in Montana
The piece of fossilized skin that was found is preserved in three
dimensions, which is extremely rare and it belongs to the adult dinosaurs
back right hip

**  Dinosaur fossils given to WA Museum
The WA Museum has been rewarded with a gift of four rare Chinese fossils for
helping in the recovery of more than 20 tonnes of the specimens illegally
imported into Australia

**  Fossil Hunters Find Dinosaur-age Fish
Two amateur fossil hunters have found the oldest specimen of a fish from the
times of dinosaurs which had not been discovered in Australia before,

**  Dinosaur invasion
Fifteen life-size dinosaur models being built at Docklands Central City Film
Studios will make their debut in the $12 million show Walking with
Dinosaurs - The Live Experience

**  Wyoming palaeontologist studies tracks at Red Gulch
A series of juvenile and adult tracks running together suggests family bonds
and parental interaction, Breithaupt said, and larger herd-sized collections
bolster arguments that they were social animals
lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Not Dinos But: An eye for amber and its secrets
In 1992, Poinar, his wife, Roberta, an electron microscopist and their son,
Hendrik, were involved in finding the first DNA in amber: that of a 40
million-year-old stingless bee

**  From the Past: Huge numbers of dinosaurs lie in wait
Only 527 genera have so far been described, but the model estimated that
there should be about 1850 in total - leaving plenty yet to be discovered

**  Meteorite not only culprit in dinosaur extinction
In a scenario resembling the dramatic conclusion to a TV crime drama,
paleo-forensics experts have produced new evidence to show that the
dinosaurs were bumped off by a different meteor than the one that has
received the rap for their extinction

**  Antarctic fossils
Many fossils are in the care of the British Antarctic Survey of the National
Environment Research Council

**  Scientists solve horns of a dilemma
It weighed about three tonnes, featured a fearsome array of horns and
stomped across the Alberta landscape

**  Prehistoric lark
Three towns - Winton, Richmond and Hughenden - are mining this treasure, and
marketing themselves as Australia's Dinosaur Trail

**  That shell? It's a dinosaur tooth
Eno is best known as a musician and producer who has worked with rock
legends like U2 and David Bowie, but he also studied Paleontology through
graduate school

DINOSAURNEWS webzine now read in 80 countries. Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall. Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS: Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus? Put us on your
media database. We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

GET YOUR LOCAL MUSEUM TO ADD our RSS news feed to their web site, at this
address: http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:

I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service to
us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D., Affiliate Faculty, Idaho Museum of Natural
History