From:
Leslie Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 1994 22:50:32 EDT
My mother used to take me to the Santa's Village in Scott's Valley, California,
near Santa Cruz.  While that park closed a number of years ago, we found
another Santa's Village near Big Bear, California that was still in operation
in 1990.  We talked our way into the gift shop without paying to get into the
park so we could get postcards.  It was identical to the one that I visited as
a child.

I also remember something like the Enchanted Forest from my earlier childhood
in Virginia called, I think, Storybook Land, with dioramas (I could be
confusing the name with Childrens' Storybook Land in the San Francisco area).

Leslie Johnston
Historic New Orleans Collection