From:
Harold Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 15:16:14 -0400
Well said, Ross. It is NOT a question of passing the buck; it is one of
acting in the true sense of ethical responsibility. I compare Ross's
approach to that of the former senior VP of a well-known museum who
personally negotiated more than twenty amendments to a large contract - all
to the contractor's benefit and none, as far as I know, with the knowledge
of any member of the board.

As an auditor of more than 20 years experience and a Certified Fraud
Examiner (bet some of you wondered what the CFE meant, eh?), May I say that
Ross's approach is the ONLY one to take. Wriggling through the IRS
guidelines just don't seem to cut it, somehow,

Harry

"Those who play with cats must expect to get scratched"

               -  Cervantes, "Don Quixote"

Harry Needham, M.A., CFE, etc.
President
Harry Needham Consulting Services Inc.
Training & consulting services for heritage institutions - and others!
74 Abbeyhill Drive
Kanata, Ontario K2L 1H1
Canada
email: [log in to unmask]