From:
Laurel Casjens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 14:12:46 MDT
I take a lot of specimen/artifact photographs.  In the interest of
science, I always include a scale.  However, in the interest of art,
I place the scale so it can easily be cropped out.  That way, you do
not have to take two photographs--just crop or not to get what you
want.

If you are scanning photos for the web, you can make the choice when
you scan to include or not.

Laurel

Laurel Casjens
Curator of Collections