From:
Patrick Boylan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 1998 00:32:07 +0000
I am sorry to report that due to a total electrical power shutdown at
the City University's main campus for 60+ hours from about 5pm British
time Friday 9January,  we have lost all our web servers and back-ups, so
there are likely to be problems with connections etc.  the main Arts
Policy and Management index  page http://www.city.ac.uk/artspol/
is backed up on several external cache servers so you may be able to use
some of the 150 or so external links still, but most if not all of our
own 50 or so files won't be available.  All five city.ac.uk e-mail
servers and back-ups are also without power following the run-down of
the emergency batteries about 2 hours ago..

The power people have promised that the  main supply will be back again
from Monday morning.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Patrick Boylan

P.S. to City Univresity MUSEUM-L-ers: I have notified John, List
Manager, of the situation, but if you find you have LISTSERV problems
when the power is re-connected on Monday morning please e-mail or call
me (477-8750).

Patrick