From:
Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:46:46 -0500
Define "best" and "living history farm". What period? part of the country?
First person or not? sustainable or not? (i.e. raise all the food
necessary for the animals using period implements...v.s. importing animals
for demonstrations or supplementing food with modern farming techniques)

Some of my favorites are:

Conner Prairie, Fishers Indiana: http://www.connerprairie.org/
Howell Farm, Titusville, New Jersey: http://www.howellfarm.com/
Garfield Farm, LaFox Illinois: http://www.garfieldfarm.org/