From:
Shannon Lindridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:14:02 -0500
In similar situations what I tend to do, is to assign a Found-in-Collection
number to the item with less documentation, using an "X" in front of the
next accession number for the year in which this error was made.  In this
way a paperwork is generated which can reference the old accession number
and an explanation as to the circumstances.

Hope this is helpful.

Shannon

from generation to generation
The History Center in Tompkins County
Shannon Lindridge, Collections Manager
401 East State Street, Suite 100, Ithaca, NY 14850
607.273.8284 ext.7 (FAX) 607.273.6107
www.TheHistoryCenter.net <http://www.thehistorycenter.net/>
Please note my new email address: [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>