From:
Micah Zender <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2007 01:10:42 -0400
Hi Erin.

We're developing an online Collections Management Engine for two different museums.

The biggest difference between what exists and what we are developing is that we include
social interaction between the museums and their audience, and we allow for multiple
search methods for three distinct audience types.

I'd be happy to preview what we are developing - as the end-goal in our development of
this Collections Management Engine is to increase audience viewership and loyalty - OH
and to make life easier to collections managers everywhere! :)

please feel free to email / call - I'd be happy to help and to point you to a couple of other
solutions that we've found during our development process.

micah
micah (at) zender (dot) com

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:46:13 -0400, Erin Crissman <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Hello list:
>
>I am looking for museums with databases that have web-publishing
>capabilities.  I am beginning a new cataloging project and one of the end
>products will be a searchable catalog on-line. This is a small place with a
>small but very popular collection with a global audience.  I am looking for
>a database suitable for a small, static collection of myriad object types.
>There are few gifts, loans, etc.  I looked at PastPerfect, of course, but
>roughly 70% of the features it offers won't be used, and I was not that
>thrilled with the examples of searchable databases they offered as
>examples.  I also looked at Re:Discovery which is more appealing to me, but
>would like to talk to some users.  Thanks for your suggestions!
>
>--
>Erin Elizabeth Crissman
>Curator
>Stepping Stones Foundation
>Bedford Hills, NY
>
>(the historic home of Bill & Lois Wilson,
>co-founders of Alcoholics Anonymous
>and Al-Anon Family Groups)

===
>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You
may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-
mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read
"help" (without the quotes).

[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L"
(without the quotes).