From:
Peter Vreeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 10:46:48 -0400
>I am in need of the indefinite loan or institutional transfer of one whale
>vertebra(back bone) for an exhibition under development.
>
>Ideally,  I would like the vertebra from a blue whale, but another
>species will do.
>
>I have authorization from NOAA and National Marine Fisheries Service
>to accept such a specimen from a qualified institution.
>
>Can anyone help?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Paul Orselli
>Director of Exhibits
>Long Island Children's Museum

Paul,
You might want to conntact someone in our mammology department.
AMNH has one of the largest collections of whale bones in the world.
call (212) 769-5474.
It's worth a try.
Pete
aka The Thought Police

Peter J. Vreeland                               Phone:  (212) 769-5183
Department of Education
American Museum of Natural History              Fax:    (212) 769-5329

Central Park West at 79th Street
New York, NY 10024-5192 ,USA                    E-Mail:[log in to unmask]