From:
Murph the Surf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 1996 10:30:24 +0100
I've been thinking about the possibilities of an "ambient museum" rather
than a "virtual museum" lately. That term strikes me as much more in
sync with the Internet as well as the goals of the AAM. Below is part of
a project we're working on with Ebon Fisher and the growing DIY (as the
New York Times Magazine dubbed it) cultural movement in New York right
now.
--murph

ORGANISM: THE BROOKLYN WEB JAM

Notes by collaborators on an ambient event
from the Spring of 1993 compiled by Ebon Fisher.

The meeting notes, diary entries, and fax transmissions
pertaining to a Brooklyn experiment in bionic partying.
Many of the individuals who helped create, or
crossed paths with, the Organism, have continued to
push the way forward into a more participatory,
"post-ironic" aesthetic.

In the artnetweb READINGS area:
http://artnetweb.com/organism/

--
ROBBIN MURPHY, creative director, artnetweb
[log in to unmask]  -- http://artnetweb.com