From:
Peter Volk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 1994 23:32:22 +1000
On Fri, 30 Sep 1994, Doug Kendall wrote:

> In Message Thu, 29 Sep 1994 19:08:03 -0500,
>   Chris Hanson <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> >On Thu, 29 Sep 1994, Robert Scott Stephenson wrote:
> >> Please unsubscribe me
> >>
> >>me too!
>
> If I'm not mistaken, the right way to unsubscribe is to do it yourself using
> the MUSEUM-L directions you received when you subscribed (SEE THERE WAS A
> REASON TO KEEP THEM!).
>
> Send the following message to [log in to unmask] (or
> [log in to unmask]) (NOT THE LIST ITSELF!), and leave the subject line
> blank:
>         SIGNOFF MUSEUM-L
>
> That's all there is to it.  It would be nice not to receive several such
> messages (about which the recipients can do nothing!) from the list each
> week.
>
> If many people are finding that the SIGNOFF command is not working properly,
> perhaps the list owner could let us all know.
>
> Thanks (not a flame, just a smolder).
> Doug Kendall, Curator of Domestic Life, Museum Division
> State Historical Society of Wisconsin
> 816 State St., Madison, WI 53706
> (608)-264-6552; e-mail: [log in to unmask]

FWIW, there seems to be some problem with the list software. I haven't
tried to unsubscribe, but I have tried to SET NOMAIL for my vacation and
failed miserably, after two hours and reading the instructions several
times. Is anyone else haveing such problems, or is it purely my own
incompetence at work?

Peter Volk
Queensland Museum
Australia