From:
Ashleigh Reed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2017 16:48:06 -0500
The Hammer Museum is now accepting applications for their 2017 summer internship program.

Founded in Haines, Alaska the Hammer Museum holds a collection that’s just as surprising as the majestic coastal mountains that surround it.  This museum is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving the history of the hammer, man’s first tool. With 2,000 hammers on display, this small museum makes a big impression. From May-September we receive over 5,000 visitors that are just as eclectic as this quirky community.
What does a hammer intern do? A little bit of everything. The summer is filled with: leading interpretive tours, researching & cataloguing the museum’s collection, creating exhibits, & maintaining our social media presence. As a team we manage to find time to participate in community events, write a few grants, and raise some funds.

What are we looking for?
•	A highly motivated self-starter
•	Creative thinker
•	Effective communicator
•	Pleasant disposition
•	An eye for detail

•	Promptly arrives to work
•	Flexibility
•	Positive outlook
•	An adventurous spirit
•	A good sense of humor

Timeline of Commitment
This internship is a 5 month commitment between May and September 2017 with a flexible schedule of 30-35 hours/week.
Wednesday is our busiest day which requires a full 8 hours.

Desired Qualifications
Interest in and aptitude for customer service and public relations.
Computer literacy with working knowledge of MS Office software required.
Skilled in writing, research, and collection care.
Proficient with social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter.
Ability to interact in a welcoming and helpful manner with visitors of all ages and ethnic backgrounds.
Strong interest in art, education, museum studies, or media studies strongly desired.

The Perks
•	$125/per week paid stipend
•	Basic housing provided
•	Opportunities to explore some of the most beautiful landscapes in Alaska.

If you are a looking for a fun & unique internship with hands-on experience, please submit a cover letter describing your qualifications and interest. Include your current resume and three letters of reference by mail or email to:

Ashleigh Reed
Executive Director
The Hammer Museum
PO Box 702
Haines, AK 99827
907.766.2374

All submissions must be received by Monday, February 13th.
Successful applicants will be notified by Monday, February 27th.