From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2007 16:58:02 +0800
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS - the international Dinosaur Webzine
with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  What Did Dinosaurs Hear?
Probably a lot of low frequency sounds, like the heavy footsteps of another
dinosaur, if University of Maryland professor Robert Dooling and his
colleagues are right

**  "Feathered" Dinosaur Was Bald, Not Bird Ancestor, Controversial Study
Says
In a new study, researchers examined the fossil of a 140-million-year-old
turkey-size dinosaur called Sinosauropteryx

**  Annual Montana Dinosaur Festival
Nate Murphy, director of Paleontology for the Dinosaur Field Station and
Judith River Foundation, will unveil two species of dinosaurs

**  Museum solves T. rex puzzle named Stan
The giant, $108,000, 50-piece puzzle arrived in three crates at the New
Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science

**  Dinosaur stages a holiday treat
The dryosaurus, a bird-footed dinosaur that evolved about 150 million years
ago, had an impressive spurt of speed and a long, stiff tail for dodging
predators
lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Flugsaurier - The Wellnhofer pterosaur meeting, Munich 2007
Many of the world's foremost pterosaur researchers have confirmed their
attendance and a full proceedings volume based upon this meeting is planned
for the journal Zitteliana

**  Not Dinos But: Loch Ness monster aficionados tout new video
An amateur scientist has captured what Loch Ness Monster watchers say is
among the finest footage ever taken of the elusive mythical creature reputed
to swim beneath the waters of Scotland's most mysterious lake

**  Eastern Montana dinosaur yields ancient protein
Far older than anyone has ever found or expected, the protein came in the
form of collagen from the back thigh bone of the oldest T. rex on record

**  Feature Site - Drawing Dinos
The simply titled website Dinosaur Illustrations shows us that a great many
artistically minded souls have similar fascinations

**  Any Dinosaur Remains In Chukotka?
An international palaeobotanical expedition starts working in Chukotka in
the end of June and plans to stay there till the middle of August

**  Pacific Science Centre exhibit covers the newest discoveries
Standing next to the Mamenchisaurus skeleton - its 33-foot-long neck is the
longest of any known land animal - an adult barely reaches higher than its
thigh bone

**  Dinos' might in army sights
Schumacher planted his bare feet near the beachball-sized tracks of a
brontosaurus left 150 million years ago

**  University of Bristol's Dinobase
A nicely constructed site maintained by the Earth Sciences Department at the
University of Bristol

**  Third Year's a Charm for Dinosaur Resource Centre
If you haven't been to the Rocky Mountain Dinosaur Resource Centre in a
while, the Third Year Anniversary Weekend June 9 and 10 would be a great
time to make the trip

DINOSAURNEWS webzine now read in 88 countries. Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall. Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS: Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus? Put us on your
media database. We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

GET YOUR LOCAL MUSEUM TO ADD our RSS news feed to their web site, at this
address: http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:
I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service to
us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D., Affiliate Faculty, Idaho Museum of Natural
History