Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:11:04 -0500
I'm seeking the collective wisdom of the list on the topic of audio devices in exhibits, specifically low-cost and relatively low-tech ones. We are working with a photographer who is photographing veterans and also recording brief interviews. She would like to have the visitor be able to go to each individual's picture and put on some headphones to hear them telling their story. How can this be done inexpensively and without much professional assistance? She was thinking of maybe getting some inexpensive MP3 players. Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

Pamela Elbe
Collections Manager and Archivist
National Museum of American Jewish Military History
1811 R Street NW
Washington, DC  20009
http://www.nmajmh.org