From:
"T. Robinson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 1995 14:14:50 EST
I don't mean to sound impertinent but do people who ask such open ended
questions like "what did you find out from your museum survey" not
recognize the library as a source of information any more? There are literally
countless museum surveys and a fast growing body of other information published
in a variety of periodicals and books concerning museum visitor studies and
program evaluation. And there are at least two organizations that I know of--
and there are probably more -- which are solely devoted to such topics and
which publish papers, newsletters, etc. Get in touch with them: the standing
committee of the AAM called C.A.R.E. which stands for the Committee on
Audience Research and Evaluation also publishes the poster sessions
from AAM annual conventions; the Visitor Studies Association has annual
conferences, and publishes the results of, on a wide range of such topics,
then there's the International Laboratory on Visitor Studies which publishes
periodically, the slim publication from the Center for Social Design in
Jacksonville, FLA from Stephen Bitgood...etc. etc. Whew.

T. Robinson