From:
Henry Grunder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 15:27:38 EST
To complete the thought, in my earlier post I mentioned that
the USGov had a much more complete taxonomy of job names. After
that I did what I should have done first, and went and got the
information. This - also Department of Labor - is the
_Dictionary of Occupational Titles_, SUDOCS # L37.2:vols ( )
Unfortunately, I'm told that the multi-volume 1991 was the
last; not just the last paper version, but the last last.
Ironically, the derivative _Occupational Outlook Handbook_,
SUDOCS # L2.3/4: ( )- which uses the _D.O.T._ taxonomy -
continues.
Of course, neither does compensation. I didn't look in _O.O.H._
for any museum job outlooks. I suspect that if college &
university officials did, there would be a thinning of the
ranks in museum studies programs.
Henry Grunder
Conservation/Preservation Coordinator
The Library of Virginia