From:
"Enright, Don" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 15:50:18 -0500
Hello-

I'm the Interpretive Program Co-ordinator at a new permanent visitor centre
opening in Canada's capital in the year 2000. I am on the planning team for
the Multi-purpose Room for our facility, and I would like to solicit your
advice about what I should try to have included in this space.

The room will be 1000-2000 square feet and will function alternately as a
display space, an auditorium, and a classroom/school programming space.

In its "display" incarnation, the room will be on the theme of international
trade. Perhaps: multimedia modules, text/images on the walls, a small live
programming area, a quiet reading area...

As a classroom, our target audience is grades 5-8. I don't know what kinds
of activities yet- potentially, workshops, arts/crafts, small group
discussion, roleplaying.

As an auditorium, we would like to accommodate guest speakers, 16mm film,
slides and video.

How do you feel about "multipurpose rooms" in general? Are they an integral
part of your facility? Are you satisfied with the look of them, their
functionality, the balance of their different uses?

What do you like best about your multipurpose room? What would you change if
you could go back and do it all again? I'm thinking of: storage,
electricity, plumbing, AV, decor, accessibility, staff, scheduling, anything
you feel should be considered.

Thank-you very much for your help

Don Enright
Interpretive Program Co-ordinator