From:
Heather Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 07:25:01 -0500
Carrie Beauchamp wrote:

> I hope some of you can comment on this: someone on our exhibit committee
> recently suggested that we start seeking out and exhibiting local people's
> private collections. This set off alarm bells in my head.

Carrie,

The Public Museum of Grand Rapids has been working their way through the alphabet for the past few years, exhibiting local collectors' collections.  There is info on their website about this on-going series <http://www.grmuseum.org/AtoZ.htm>.  Marilyn Merdzinski is the Team Coordinator for the
exhibit, and could probably answer many of your questions.  You can email her at: [log in to unmask]

Heather Price
Ella Sharp Museum
Jackson, MI

Museum-L" (without the quotes).