From:
"Michael A. Lewis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 16:13:21 +0000
The recent posts concerning the cancelled antiquities sale prompted me
to review our policies concerning sale and/or disposal of museum
collections.
        I would be interested to learn of other museum's policies regarding the
sale of existing or newly acquired collections. I'd  also be interested
in your feelings concerning the ethics of the sale of museum
collections.
        Thanks in advance,
        Michael A. Lewis
        Archaeology Collections Manager