From:
Sheila Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:00:30 +0000
Hmmm...

What does it take to get a job as a museum professional?  Which course of
study is best?

Not to sound discouraging... but...

I have a degree in Art History & Classics.
I have a MA in Museum Studies.
I have an MBA.

I still have difficultly landing an interview - let alone a job offer.

I believe this profession is obsessed with who you know vs. whatyou know.

Therefore, to those just starting out .... instead of wasting your time
figuring out should you take this over that.... spend your energy
networking.  After you have landed the job... then figure out skills you
need to develop in order to do it well.

One good contact is worth more than any course.

Cheers,

Sheila