From:
Verity Castell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 00:15:25 EDT
     Hi to everyone out there!
     I am writing in the hopes that someone of you can offer me a little help
with my job search. I am a recent graduate of UMASS Amherst where I designed
my own bachelors degree in New England History. I have museum volunteer and
internship experience as well as some part time paid experience in the field.
I have worked with MIMSY2000 database software and have some website design
experience. My area of interest is collections & research but I'm willing to
work in other areas of the museum field.
     I have been trying for a while now to find a position in an history
museum that is full time and pays more than just minimum wage. I have been
using local papers, museum web sites, Aviso & Nema Job Listings but have found
very little and have interviewed for even less.
     Needless to say that I came out of college with blinders on and now am
faced with the harsh reality of perhaps having to seek work outside my field
to pay the looming school loans.
     Perhaps many of you have faced the same challenges and I would like to
hear from anyone who can offer me some good advice or leads in my region.
                                           Thanks so much!
                                           Ms. Verity Castell