From:
"Susan M. Ward" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 00:17:26 EDT
James B. McCrain, Chief Curator, Old City Park, Dallas, Texas, wrote:
<<For all of you belly-achers out there, I don't want to hear how you
"can't afford" to go to a conference!  If I can do it, so can you.  It IS
a part of your education.  You may have to work an extra part-time job to
find the money, but if you truly are serious about having a museum
carreer, you will find this an acceptable alternative.>>

No flames from me!!  I, too, worked several jobs and made a point to do whatever
it took in order to create a good-looking resume, the right internship, the job
I wanted, etc.  And I tell my staff to do the same thing.

Is it a certain gene that makes some people think things should be given to
them. . . or is it merely youth?!  :)

Susan Ward
Director, Heritage Communications
615-661-6336