From:
Lucy Sperlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 09:38:53 -0700
Colleagues:

I'm working on developing a universal subject heading list system that
would be useful for cataloguing in history museums.  Such a list would
supplement Nomenclature, providing a means to link artifacts, ephemera,
photos, etc. to the subject matter of history.

I've already developed one for two areas: both inland valleys in the
west. Now I'd like to develop the list to make it useful in other areas
of the U.S.

If you have time, please send me answers to the following questions,
preferably sent OFF LINE so as not to flood the list serve.

Thank you,
Lucy Sperlin
Chico, CA

1) Name three or four of the most important kinds of agriculture in your
area.

2) Are there any special buildings or structures related to these?
(example: hop dryers)

3) Name four or five major industries in your area.

4) Are there any special types of buildings or structures related to
 these?

5) Skipping the major obvious ethic groups, what are other cultural or
 ethnic groups in your area?

6) Are there any unusual kinds of birds or animals (including marine)
raised for any purpose in your area ?

7) Are there any sports or recreational activities common in your area
that are not common in other areas?

8) What significant events have occurred in your region?

9) Do researchers repeatedly ask for information about certain topics?
If so, what are the topics?

10) Are there any other significant things about your area that may not
be common in other places (unusual environmental problems, technologies,
human activity etc.)