From:
Henry Grunder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 1996 16:17:32 EDT
So-called "3rd generation" microfilm, whether vesicular, diazo,
or even silver halide - the "user" or "service" cop(ies) - is
frequently severely scratched. If yours is so, you will
probably want to try to locate and contact the holder of the
2nd generation, or "printing" copy. You might end up
leapfrogging that copy for the camera master, if the holder of
it turns out to be other than the holder of 2nd gen, but that
is not too likely. We have tried to make enlargements from
newspaper microfilm, 3rd gen, and has not been too successful.
.According to [log in to unmask]: