Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 07:27:46 -0700
Diane B. Frankel, Director of the Institute of Museum Services, asked me to post
the following on behalf of everyone at IMS.  A letter to the same effect will
appear in the January 1996 issue of Access.

Sincerely,
Tania Said
Public Affairs Assistant
Institute of Museum Services
______________________________

Dear Colleagues:

I would like to thank you for your patience during the partial government
shutdown.  It was very frustrating for our staff to know that your calls were
going unanswered.  Serving you well is our highest priority.  We are extending
deadlines to give us adequate time to counsel grant applicants.  We ask that you
try to call with questions about General Operating Support before January 26.
Although we are hopeful that the government will not shut down again, our
current spending allowance ends on that date.

Deadline Changes

    y   General Operating Support       February 16, 1996

    y   Professional Services Program   April 12, 1996

    y   Technical Assistance Grants     Canceled

Please share this information with your colleagues.  All other deadlines
remain the same.

Sincerely,
Diane B. Frankel