From:
Jim Angus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 13:40:45 -0800
Hello all,

MESC (Museum Educators of Southern California) has registered the domain name

museum-ed.org

We chose to register this name because  we wanted a more generic, less
regional name for our web site.  Because our information will be of
interest to educators everywhere, we decided that we wanted to create a
site that would serve the larger community, so we plan to open up the use
of the name to all museum educators.

If you are a part of a museum educator's group, please send me information
about your group.  We will place that information on the web site.  If you
have your own web site, please provide me with the url.  We will provide
links to your site.  If you do not have a web site, we will work with you
to help you set up a site and maybe even host the page for you.

We will also provide information about and links to any museum listservs
(such as this one).

We have not finalized any plans, so please tell us what you think!

What we're currently thinking:

www.museum-ed.org

This url will lead to a general museum education site.  From here, folks
will be able to access information on regional museum education sites and
organizations.  With time, we hope to develop some unique content for this
area.  We also hope to strengthen ties with other national and
international organizations.

www.museum-ed.org/mesc

This url will lead to information specifically about MESC. We plan to
provide a standardized page of information about the organization and links
to the main web site.

www.museum-ed.org/yourname

This kind of url will lead to information about other museum educator groups.

Because MESC is involved in the new CaliforniaCulture.Net initiative, our
initial focus will be on California.  (However, I will add information
about any regional organization).  I hope to "farm out" management of other
regions to other individuals and organizations.

Please send printed materials to:

Jim Angus
Ed-Resources.Net
2175 East Mountain
Pasadena, CA 91104

Please indicate CLEARLY what we have the right to put on the web and
provide a copyright statement if needed.  The sites own copyright statement
will make it clear that all information in copyrighted and it is up to the
user to verify the copyright.  We do not want to put up materials that are
not freely available for educational/non-commercial use.

Please email me at

Please DO NOT send material intended for inclusion on the web site to
[log in to unmask] (I get too much email at this address and could easily lose
it).

Any discussion on this topic should happen on the listserv

Thanks!

Jim Angus

Jim Angus
Manager Information Technology and Web Development
900 Exposition Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA  90007

Technology Chair, Museum Educators of Southern California
Technology Chair, California Association of Museums
Executive Committee, CaliforniaCulture.Net Initiative

http://www.nhm.org

voice:    213/763-3317
fax:      213/746-2999
eMail:    [log in to unmask]
web site  http://www.ed-resources.net
          http://www.nhm.org/~jangus
          http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~aonghais/

When they told me I was average, they were just being mean.