From:
The Love Doctor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 14:46:12 +0000
Greetings All...

I'm currently doing my Masters Dissertation on the treatment of
non-Christian remains in Western museums, and I would like to hear
any information/anecdotes/ideas list recipients have on the following
areas:

1. Do the dead have rights? Can their rights be upheld?
    Differences between treatment of Christian and non-Christian
    remains. Public response to human remains on display.

2. The repariation of aboriginal and native American remains to their
    countries of origin. Resistance to this repatriation by museums.
    Co-operation between museums and native people.

3. The display and Storage of non-Christian dead. Special
    requirements.

4. Technology and the dead - destructive archaeology, cloning of
    DNA, disease/virus survivability on long-buried remains etc.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Peter Appleton,