From:
Douglas Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 23:18:44 -0800
Dear Museum Discussion List staff:

My name is Douglas Morgan and I am a teacher at Chadwick School in the
South Bay area of Los Angeles County.  Our school was founded in 1937 and
we have thousands of photographs that need to be organized with the help of
an image database.  Recently I attended a demonstration of the "Cumulus"
software package.  I was impressed with what it had to offer but I have
many questions about image databases.  Perhaps you can help me to answer
them.

- What are the file naming conventions that should be followed?

- What kind of information should be included with each image?

- What is the general approach that should be taken when setting up a
Cumulus database and what helpful tips for setting up the program can you
give me?

- Are there people resources that we can hire to get us up and running on
our database?

Thank you for whatever help you can give us or whatever direction you can
point us in to get started with this important task of creating an image
database for our precious photographs.

Sincerely,

Douglas Morgan