From:
Carrie Blough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2012 14:53:05 -0500
Hello:
Recently our museum has been inundated with offers of commemorative coins, plaques and other similar items.  We have been trying to determine what our policy should be on accepting these types of donations.  Commemorative items don't seem to have as much of an interpretive or historical value as other items.
Does anyone have a policy that addresses this issue that you would be willing to share?
We also question some other types of items that have been offered to us such as promotional business items.
I would appreciate any feedback on this subject.  It is something our collections committee is working through for our collections policy.
Thank you!
Carrie Blough