From:
burkhorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 1996 09:09:15 +0000
Hello Lisa:

I have been unsuccessful in e-mailing this to you directly so shall
post. Apologies extended.

I have had requests for tours for Grade ones and kindergartens
lately. They are looking into technology - inventions and such - in
their language arts program and want to come to us. We are a c.1877
renewed historic home interpreting 1877 - 1915 or so.

I went back to my old issues of JEM - #11 to be precise, which has
several articles on working with younger children in the museum. (JEM
is the Journal of Education in Museums, an annual of the Group for
Education in Museums in the UK. The last address I have is from 1993
- c/o Sue Morse  Education Advisor  The Fleet Air Arm Museum  RNAS
Yeovilton   Nr. Ilchester  Somerset BA22 8HT) There are other issues which have
articles of interest as well.

Another really useful UK publication is Remnants, the Journal of the English
Heritage Education Service, the articles are all about their sites but the ideas
are very adaptable. The most  recent postal address I have is English
Heritage  PO Box 229 Northampton  NN6 9RY. I think they are on the
Web - but maybe only their archaeological service.

Mary Burke